What's missing from this forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made this post and being a longtime RV'er. I joined Forest River RVs back in 2002, see attached photos. Just a day ago I learned about FROG. But I have never seen anything in print until after the first post above.
IMG_2254.JPG

HL esized 400.jpg

Attachments

• 12483400x400t_1.jpg
    12483400x400t_1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1
  • pro400x400.jpg
    pro400x400.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 12483t_1.jpg
    12483t_1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I made this post and being a longtime RV'er. I joined Forest River RVs back in 2002, see attached photos. Just a day ago I learned about FROG. But I have never seen anything in print until after the first post above.
I had a Forest River trailer many moons ago, but I did hear about FROG (Forest River Owners Group for those of you who don’t look things up). Then again, I am inveterate researcher about rigs so I am sure I found info about it online.

From my perspective anybody who owns/operates a recreational-type vehicle is an RVer. Or a camper, if you prefer. Some live in them, some never move them, some travel frequently and some only do a few weekends a year. But when the toilet clogs or the roof leaks, they are all the same.
We both have the same perspective, however, if I understood "their point of view" They don't camp, they have some limitations and after COVID hit they have become more stand off from others with a member of the family strapped to a wheelchair. They drive once a year to Florida and back up to Canada, when not in their Florida condominium. The condo says in HOA no RV's. Which is a shocker to me. As the group that keeps RVs from having to obtain a CDL, can't be compelled to stop condominiums from writing in HOA restrictions for Campervans (RV). Truly, I don't have a lot of details about the overall points used by both sides of the issue. They had gone to have a special VAN built, which has only the equipment required for their needs. But I have given thought to a van with a dry bath and a small area for cooking or warming up road food and keeping required medications cool. But not for sleeping and small for parking in hotel parking lots. With NO outside Awnings, equipment to show outside to anyone it's an RV. I guess one would call it a Travel Van. I did find this van but would need some equipment removed or not required. Click Here Then again, I'm not a campervan designer. Many seem to be more private about their needs after COVID. But interesting to ponder the many ideas.

From my perspective anybody who owns/operates a recreational-type vehicle is an RVer. Or a camper, if you prefer. Some live in them, some never move them, some travel frequently and some only do a few weekends a year. But when the toilet clogs or the roof leaks, they are all the same.
I have owned a wide variety of campers/RVs. We started in tents and we hauled our gear in a tiny Harbor Freight trailer. We then moved to pop ups of various sizes as our family grew and then decreased. After that came hard sided trailers varying from a Trail Manor to a Forest River to a Casita to an Outdoors RV. We bought our first (and only) motor home 6 years ago. Yes, there are some who say “if it isn’t canvas, it isn’t camping” and there are those who say “I don’t camp, I RV.” To each their own. But Gary has it right about the innards are pretty similar in many respects, so who cares?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g-man911
Back
Top Bottom