While exercising Greta and recharging the in-House Batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dusty Traveler

At least once a month I take our "Greta" a Mercedes-Benz 3500XD, Galleria, 24FL, with Li3, Campervan, out for some tender loving care and a 30-mile or more drive. On this trip, our House Battery had dropped to 33%, State of Charge -"SOC". This they do over 30 days in the driveway.

On this trip coming down south into Dade City, Florida, on I-75, at Exit 285, on the East Side next door to Flying J Service Center, was a Blue Beacon Truck Wash. Having some Florida "Love Bugs" plastered on Greta's face, we decided it was time for a Truck Wash, and Greta a bath.

In front was a pickup truck and a small outboard Boat we watched as they sprayed both like new. Then we were directed into the covered drive-through for Greta's bath. Not sure what they used in the cleaner spray but the love bugs just slid off the windshield. After our short wash and tires cleaned, I think, Greta smiled for the joy of a good bath. I was happy as it was under $50.00 dollars and way less than the $200. normally washed and waxed we had been doing. I also learned this is a national chain. WOW cool, "I'll Be Back" Greta Smiled and so did my little wife Jen under her little pick Ball Cap.

We headed East away from the highway into Dade City, Florida. Which was full of Antique shops as we turned south onto State Road 301 & 39, as both together south through Zephyrhills, Florida, and more Antique shops. At a point close to Hillsborough County the road divides with 301 heading southwest as 39 heads Southeast. Once close by on State Road 301 is Hillsborough State Park, where they have RV parking inside the Park Click Here. Here is a site map of the RV Parking with 30AMP and 50AMP RV Parking sites : Click Here

As we drove southeast onto 39 aka Paul Buckman driving by Crystal Springs. Click Here

We soon came to our turn onto Knight Griffin Road we found a little hidden Day Park, turning east onto Knights Griffin Road. On the south side was
Mcintosh Preserve Click Here at
775 E Knights Griffin Rd, Plant City, Fl 33565 ·
(813) 659-4255
Wonderful fun little Day Park we drove through for future visits. We saw Greta was fully charged SOC 100% In this photo Note how clean Greta looks after a Bath. How do you like the Smile on Greta's grill?
thumbnail_image0.jpg

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
True, I have no idea what chemical they use in the "BRIGHT Spray Foam," Which I understand comes out of the same hose as the water. First is a light pressure rinse with water, Then comes the BRIGHT Spray Foam, this is, the stuff they used that rolled the Love Bugs off the windshield. WOW, that is so good, then another rinse, and I rolled outside for the tires and rims. I almost wanted to ask the young lady repeatedly how much that would be again. Truly it was music to my old ears when I was paying four times that amount for a wash and wax. Here is a link for some locations Click Here.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDL
Back
Top Bottom