Any of you ladies like to sew or crochet?

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

PatrioticStabilist

www.lanetzliving.net

I order patterns from this site quite often, she has a lot of vintage and retro patterns, right now I see some crochet doilies like I used to have.  Always get what I order.  Just thought I would pass it on.

Edit: Activated link.

I love to sew it is my stress reliever  :)  I just finished making pjs for all my kids and have an outfit waiting to be cut out for my daughter... just have to find time ;)
I do not crochet but would love to learn in fact (I know it is not the same ) but learning to knit is on my bucket list.

What have you sewn? (I know you are currently crocheting) I love to get ideas?  I have made drapes, 2 winter dress coats, all my dresses and lots of dresses for my daughter. I run a daycare from my house and this year for christmas I am hoping to make them all Pj pants and buy them a matching plain shirt (I do some for the neighbour kids as well so I have about 15 pairs to make needless to say I will be starting in September lol)

Hi!

I noticed that there were no active RV Crochet websites on Facebook.  I just created one.  Please join us! 

A Facebook search for RV Crochet will get you to the group.

The group name is "RV Crochet 'ers who create masterpiece, cook and travel"

Happy crocheting, knitting, crafting, cooking and traveling with us on Facebook!!
Thank you,
Cora

I love to sew, knit, crochet, embroider etc.  I would love to see more activity here about what others are making along with how and when they do their craft while on the road.  I always have a couple of on the go projects.  I decide what to work on based on how many people are around and how much attention the project needs.  Another words, easy projects I work on when I need to be social also.  And, I save the harder projects for when I can devote my attention to the project.  We are getting ready to go full-time and my sewing machine will be going with me.  Thanks for the link but I am on a no buy ban right now.  I have way too much stuff and it won't all fit in the motorhome.  As for the Facebook invite, thanks but I do not use Facebook.  My last projects were:  sewing burp cloths for a baby shower, knit a Christmas stocking for the same baby, and for knit hats for family members.  I also am making dish towels, dishcloths, hot pads, etc for the motorhome.  I also made a toilet paper holder for the motorhome and my daughter liked it so much she asked for one for her home.  Sorry for rambling. 

No problem!  I think you can post pictures and share here too!  The only thing about this website is I only check it during RVing season.. haha.  How did you make a toilet paper holder?  I want one of those!

It's also probably a good thing that you do not use Facebook.  I spend more time looking at all of the beautiful crochet works on facebook than I actually do crocheting! lol

Thanks,
Cora
Check out Facebook:  "RV Crocheters who create masterpieces, cook and travel" page!

The toilet paper holder is sewn.  No pattern.  Sorry.

Attachments

• toilet paper holder #1.jpg
    toilet paper holder #1.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 48
I enjoy sewing, crochet and cross stitch also, although I?m am just now getting back into it after a few years away.

I?ve made my share of clothes, curtains, bedding, scarves and afghans, whatever.  Would be fun to have a group here, talking about projects for RVs or anything else.  :)

If you are on Facebook, please check out the "RV Crocheters who create masterpieces, cook and travel" page! 

Nice Toilet Paper Roll!  Cute!!!

I had my first crochet lesson yesterday! I will join the FB group. No doubt I will be looking for guidance on mistakes when I get back to the US. A lady at work does the amigurumi which  I thought I'd try.  ;D

Well, I'm not the lady.
But, my wife sews and quilts. We take her sewing machine(s) and some of her cutting stuff with us in the MH.
BTW, she doesn't do forums boards either. :D

ummmmm........ ladies??

here I sewed neodymium magnents in to a mesh tarp for a DIY screen door for our toy hauler

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 27
I crochet and make leather items.  Whenever we plan a trip or weekend outing, I take a project along ?.  It's amazing how many people will stop to talk when I sit outside and craft! 

I crochet and do needlepoint and I just taught myself to knit. I have also just started painting with watercolors.  It has to be something easy to transport and these fit nicely. I have a couple of travel watercolor pallette and my needlework is easy to carry.

I travel about 6 months (snowbird) and bring along quilting, embroidery, cross stitch.  Will be near Bryce Canyon NP Oct 22-25.  Then moving to St. George.
Bev

We are in the process of buying our first RV, but I love to crochet and every time we travel anywhere I take my yarn.  My husband usually drives so I get to crochet while he drives.  I make the granny squares while he is driving and sew them together when I can just sit at home.  I have made and sold a lot of blankets so I don't have to look when I make the squares and I can watch the scenery! I am going to look for your group on Facebook when I get done with this site.

Pugapooh said:
I like to sew and quilt.  The only crochet I know is the chain stitch but I get confused after that!

Nothing wrong with that.  I use the double and single crochet stitches almost exclusively.  I've tried and can manage the more complicated stitches, but they require more attention that I want to invest.  It's relaxing to crochet an afghan or scarf whilst talking with family, listening to an audiobook or watching a show; can't do that if I'm counting stitches.

If I want to count stitches, I cross stitch.  :)

Attachments

• 20180501_173131AAA.jpg
    20180501_173131AAA.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 9
Ive got several different projects going at any given time. However, its kinda hard to get into crocheting afghans or mittens when its 80 degrees outside. I started doing hats and scarves for an organization that houses people with HIV/AIDS here in Minnesota and another program that ties the to trees in the city parks in St Paul for people to take as they need them.

I now have to get started on baby stuff for my grandson who will be born in early December. :)

Back
Top Bottom