Bouncy Tesla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ranger Rover vs Chevy Suburban...that must have been an interesting comparison. Don't get me wrong, I'd take the 'Burb all day every day. Seems like their respective buyers are looking for totally different things, though.

Other than our recent EV rental, Hertz and Enterprise haven't offered us anything I'd actually want to keep or buy for myself....well, it's been a really long time. Most of our rentals have been ragged-out plastic s*boxes as of late. We've fallen from grace in recent years out of Hertz elite status. I'll take the crappy rentals over either of us having to travel for a living, but still. They don't appear to be helping the automakers by renting enticing products in the "standard/midsize" categories.

They are hard to beat when it comes to going from an airport to a hotel and back when you are on a trip where a rental car is not needed. My guess would be that they are used quite a bit in cities so people can get rides home when they have been drinking.
My only problems with Uber/Lift is some airports don't allow them to pick up or drop off in taxi or public pickup/drop-off areas. Last year at Logan we arrived late so we took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Easy-peasy. Going back was the problem. An Uber made us so late they closed the plane doors behind us. I've been to Boston several times and that was the first (and last) time I used an Uber at Logan.

There was a waiting line of Ubers at the Massport central parking area. When he was finally able to drop us off it had to be a 1.5 mile walk to our gate. My health app showed we walked 2.5 miles that day between Logan and Hartsfield. We used the subway in Atlanta so not much walking there. A taxi might cost a few bucks more but they can park right outside the terminal and are worth it.

My only problems with Uber/Lift is some airports don't allow them to pick up or drop off in taxi or public pickup/drop-off areas. Last year at Logan we arrived late so we took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Easy-peasy. Going back was the problem. An Uber made us so late they closed the plane doors behind us. I've been to Boston several times and that was the first (and last) time I used an Uber at Logan.

There was a waiting line of Ubers at the Massport central parking area. When he was finally able to drop us off it had to be a 1.5 mile walk to our gate. My health app showed we walked 2.5 miles that day between Logan and Hartsfield. We used the subway in Atlanta so not much walking there. A taxi might cost a few bucks more but they can park right outside the terminal and are worth it.
The way I used to resolve the issue at Logan was to walk over to the heli terminal and take a helicopter to the front door of the hotel. There was no way I wanted to make that drive. Back in the day DEC (Digital Equipment Corp) had their own terminal at Logan.

Fortunately for us the couple of times we have needed them even though they had a different location for pickup it was not that much further. One time it was less than 100 yards and if I remember right the other time it was an elevator ride.

Doug reviewed the 2024 Tesla Model 3. Plenty of quirks and features. Less frowning duck face. I like it.
23:36 he gives his driving impressions.

I wonder if that guys knows the steering feel can be adjusted from the screen.

I agree it's rather boring to drive a Tesla compared to my Chevy Bolt. But the Tesla is better for anything serious such as a drive across the country or even out of the country.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Had our first ride in a Tesla today. Couldn't tell you which model. The Uber driver picked us up at home and drove us approx 35 minutes to the nearest BART (rapid transit) train station. A very hard ride, and we bounced all the way. We've made this trip countless times in Chris' Ford Explorer, and I took it just yesterday in my aging (2000) Lexus. What a difference. If I'd previously considered buying one, now I wouldn't
Saw this and thought of your post 😂😂😂

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1711394390988.jpg
    FB_IMG_1711394390988.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan1986
Back