Dead discussions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure where to post this; another forum I'm on has a message that shows on the "reply" box for old discussions. Basically it just reminds the reader that the discussion died some time back, there have been no updates, and asks if the comment adds enough to the conversation to resurrect it. I only mention this because I've come close to this a couple of times myself when I forgot to check the "use by date" on the last post.

Hi meaningful_meanderings,

I like your avatar of M31 (the Andromeda Galaxy) Are you an astronomer? I travel to clear skies to observe with my two telescopes.

Not sure where to post this; another forum I'm on has a message that shows on the "reply" box for old discussions. Basically it just reminds the reader that the discussion died some time back, there have been no updates, and asks if the comment adds enough to the conversation to resurrect it. I only mention this because I've come close to this a couple of times myself when I forgot to check the "use by date" on the last post.
It requires a 3rd party software add-on that is not active here.

Hi meaningful_meanderings,

I like your avatar of M31 (the Andromeda Galaxy) Are you an astronomer? I travel to clear skies to observe with my two telescopes.
It's supposed to have a box stating "you are here" but it didn't resize very well. I do have a passing interest...

That message would be fantastic on another forum where folks are answering five to fifteen year old posts and wondering why the OP is not responding. Unfortunately, that is because there are only three or four new posts a week.
Much better here and a few others that are still very active.

That message would be fantastic on another forum where folks are answering five to fifteen year old posts and wondering why the OP is not responding. Unfortunately, that is because there are only three or four new posts a week.
Much better here and a few others that are still very active.
I've fallen into that several times, bummer. I've finally learned to check the original thread date-1st post.
Then there are some folks that will reply to an old thread they found with a search because their problem is the same or closely related.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom