Gas Struts Specific to Fleetwood Products

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

Does anybody with experience with Fleetwood products of my 'era', 2006, have a reliable source of gas struts to work and install the way they should?

One of my exterior cabinets would no longer remain open and I got tired for holding it up with my head while I fished around in my tool box. I bought a couple of 15" 40# struts off Amazon and installed them today. The spring clips on the new strut end would not snap on no matter how hard I pressed. They're supposed to snap in fairly easily.

I took the clips off of the old struts and used them on the new ones. That works but even those clips don't work perfectly. So I need advice.

Thanks,
Russ

Did that too. All aged out. Wait! There is one cabinet I hardly ever use because it's hard to get to. I don't remember checking it! Project for tomorrow!

Speaking from experience, buying off Amazon you get what you pay for. I bought off Amazon and the gas struts/springs lasted a few months.
Bought from Replacement Springs They are still working fine 6 yrs later. FWIW I bought springs 10# heaver than OEM and they are effortless.

Reasonably sure. I was able to get a number off one of them and it cross referenced with the ones I bought. The real problem was the clips. If the clips were good they would have taken only a few minutes to install.

Speaking from experience, buying off Amazon you get what you pay for. I bought off Amazon and the gas struts/springs lasted a few months.
Bought from Replacement Springs They are still working fine 6 yrs later. FWIW I bought springs 10# heaver than OEM and they are effortless.
Did you notice the yellow 1713806615473.pngat the bottom of what i would assume is the most popular sizes?

Back
Top Bottom