It's the best time ever to buy a used Tesla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The return without fueling option is a relative value on EV's. I think the "penalty" was like $25 at Hertz. That can be cheaper than some DC Fast Chargers to bring the car up from 20-90%. Not so with gasoline, it's outrageous to have them refuel it. You can actually save money and time that way if DCFC is your only option. Some corporate travel policies prohibit expensing the "return without fueling" option. I'd pay it out of my own pocket to have Hertz recharge the EV if I had to travel for work.

We also have gotten some free electricity with our EV's. They are rented to us with 90% SOC. But we are only required to return them with 80% or above, else $25 penalty. So, 10% SOC for free, basically. That never seems to happen with gasoline.

And with new Teslas:

• All Model S/X/Y variants dropped in price by $2,000
  • The Model 3 LR dropped in price by $200
  • The new Model 3 Performance was introduced at $52,990, but increased by $1K five days later
  • FSD monthly subscription price dropped to $99/month
  • FSD Purchase price dropped to $8,000
  • Cars driven on FSD now exceeds 1 billion miles
  • Model S Plaid and Model 3 Performance now includes new unique sports seats
  • Tesla Robotaxi to be unveiled on August 8th
  • Tech Highlights from 2024-Q1 Call
    • Tesla has the equivalent of 35,000 H100 GPUs for training today
    • Expects increase to 85,000 equivalent H100s by end of 2024 for training
    • Tesla is making over 1.3 million 4680 cells a week to construct 1000 Cybertruck packs/week
    • Expecting to place Optimus robots in Tesla factories by end of 2024, for sale end of 2025
    • HW5 is mostly designed and expected in vehicles by the end of 2025
    • Semi production slated for late 2025, deliveries in 2026
  • Consumer Reports has Tesla with the lowest 10-year maintenance cost of any brand (including Toyota and Honda)

Back
Top Bottom