Telsa lays off 14,000!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Close enough, IMO. Nothing can be perfect, and it is Imposible to satisfy everybody. I have no doubt you realize that perhaps more so than anyone else.
Thanks for the comments Don. You've been around here long enough to understand those things.
And I even realize the site team doesn't always agree with each other.
True, although we have relatively few disagreements. In any event, we try not to let it spill over into the public area. We'll sometimes have a discussion about questionable stuff in the back room, and other times it will just be a heads up by one team member to let the others know how they handled something.

And here I spent the first several weeks with my new RAM last year trying to figure out how to disable the rear camera because it's irritating. There is no way to do it, by the way, because it's mandated by some govt entity so I just put a piece of electrical tape over the lens. It still comes on when I put it in reverse, but the screen is blank. :)

I use my mirrors too, but think the rear camera/screen is nice to have. It's like another mirror providing yet another view for safety. When moving in reverse I scan it like I do a mirror. But it is bright at night, and in all my cars with screens I have them turned down if they can be for nighttime use. The rear view camera image usually isn't too bright anyway. Reverse lights don't throw a lot of light backwards.

Some cars have a "screen off" button right on the dash. I've never tried to cancel the reverse camera using one of those buttons.

And here I spent the first several weeks with my new RAM last year trying to figure out how to disable the rear camera because it's irritating. There is no way to do it, by the way, because it's mandated by some govt entity so I just put a piece of electrical tape over the lens. It still comes on when I put it in reverse, but the screen is blank. :)

I use my mirrors too, but think the rear camera/screen is nice to have. It's like another mirror providing yet another view for safety. When moving in reverse I scan it like I do a mirror. But it is bright at night, and in all my cars with screens I have them turned down if they can be for nighttime use. The rear view camera image usually isn't too bright anyway. Reverse lights don't throw a lot of light backwards.

Some cars have a "screen off" button right on the dash. I've never tried to cancel the reverse camera using one of those buttons.
I love having the backup camera and use it in conjunction with the mirrors but I wish there was a way to dim it. At night, when swinging my head from left mirror to right mirror, the screen feels like it blinds me temporarily (like turning on a light in the middle of the night) and I can't focus properly in the mirror for a few seconds.

I love having the backup camera and use it in conjunction with the mirrors but I wish there was a way to dim it. At night, when swinging my head from left mirror to right mirror, the screen feels like it blinds me temporarily (like turning on a light in the middle of the night) and I can't focus properly in the mirror for a few seconds.

I like the new mirrors that can be switched to a dimmable screen for rear view, using the picture from the rear camera. GM and Toyota are starting to put them in cars along with some other automakers.

I wish I had a "screen off" button. But I don't, so I'm stuck with electrical tape. :LOL:

I wish I had a "screen off" button. But I don't, so I'm stuck with electrical tape.
I never wanted the screens off in any of my vehicles. But I would like the rear camera in my Class A to stay on the reverse and not switch with my turn signals. That should be easy to do technically, but like many things, almost impossible to do for mechanical reasons. The mirrors are all I use and need for turning, has no blind spots to the sides. In fact, it would be stupid for me to take my eyes off the mirrors to look at the screen during a turn. I leave the monitor on to view the motorcycle I have on the ramp in both RVs. And it is sometimes handy to see what else is back there as the mirrors cannot handle the very rear as they do for the side.

Now, back to EVs and screens.

One has to get used to the totally dark everything at night, other than the screen with Tesla. Seems weird at first for it to be all dark in front.

Do not have this minor issue with my Chevy Bolt. It has two screens, one right in front that gives light and another screen to the right. Tesla has nothing right in front except for darkness.

The Bolt seems a lot more like a normal car at night.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom