What games are YOU playing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elly Dalmaijer

I am curious whether members of our Forum are "gamers. Action games? Brain games? Alone? Groups/web based? Just curious.

So my questions is: what games are you playing?

I'll start: I play Lexulous through Facebook with several people. I play Freecell. I love Sudoku and have been known to "steal" abandoned newspapers at an airport just to get my hand on the Sudoku. I've tried Mahjong but I think that there is something I'm missing because it never works out.

What are YOUR games?

Elly

Sudoku, Mexican train dominoes, solitaire, geocaching (seems like a game to me :) )

I play Bridge....with a group and alone on the computer.  We also play Hearts, Mexican Train, Oh Hell, and a scrabble like game called: Quiddler, all with family and friends.

Marsha~

Sudoku is our favorite.  I love Kakuro also.  Then there are derivatives of Soduku like Sumoku, Symboku, and Wordoku.  Giant Sudoku is 16 x 16 Sudoku, these can be really tough.

For multi-player games, Mexican Train is good but everyone plays it a little differently because there wasn't a complete set of rules anywhere - including on the Internet.  For that reason, we developed our own set of rules that covers everything and documented it.  We added some rules because some situations came up for which there wasn't ever any rules for.  And we added a few things that make the game more fair; like for each round after the first, the person to the left of the leader starts out.  Things like that.  And the complete set of rules fits on a tri-folded piece of 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper (printed on both sides) that fits in the normal sized box of dominoes.

Our current favorite board game for multi-players is Aggravation.  This game is also known as Pegs and Jokers.  Four players is fun, but six players is even more fun.  We usually play two teams, men against the women or young against old or some like combination.  But you an also play 3 teams of 2 each (couples against couples).  It's a hoot.  We have incorporated our own set of rules for this game too because there were a few things that weren't covered by the known set of rules.  Every once in awhile something comes up that we don't have a rule for.  So we come up with a new rule to cover it and add it to the set.  All of our sets of rules are living documents, meaning they can change from time to time.  This saves a lot of arguments in the long run, especially if you play with people who are as competitive as our family.

Some other board games that we play are Sequence and Poker Kub.  Other favorites of mine are Bridge, Cribbage, and Acquire.  And when there's a cryptogram in the newspaper, I always have to work it. 

I think we need a "games" day next year at Quartzsite. You've reminded me of some of the games we like...haven't played Sequence in years and I know there's a board somewhere in here. And Bridge !! Used to play with Mike's mom and brother until 3 or 4 in the morning.

Wendy in Windy Deming

Sudoku, crosswords, etc. PC based games, like Civilization, Railroad Tycoon, other simulations. Plus we volunteer at a visitor center and the guests' questions can be puzzling at times, too!

Pierat said:
Plus we volunteer at a visitor center and the guests' questions can be puzzling at times, too!

Ain't that the truth :) One of our favorite's was "What time is the 2 o'clock tour?"  :eek:

Ned said:
Schapskopf.

I had to Google that one, Ned.  Sounds interesting.  One set of rules I read for the Americanized Sheepshead gave me a good laugh for the day.  The first sentence was:

"Sheepshead players never play with a full deck."

;D ;D ;D

Tom and Margi said:
"Sheepshead players never play with a full deck."

Betty has the perfect deck of cards for that game...the ones she used for the poker game at Quartzsite.

Wendy

Oh, I forgot one.  It's a Midwestern card game called "Eucher".    It was fun to play with Barb and Frank when we all were in Newfounland.  They are from Michigan; Tim and I grew up in Indiana. 

Marsha~

Euchre (and Pinochle) are great card games but it's hard to find players.

And Euchre, talk about a short deck :)

Back
Top Bottom