What games are YOU playing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we play yahtzee and a couple fun card games, one is called loo, and the other is the granny game, both really easy and you can play for money or just for fun, if anyone would like the directions i can send them to you, fun to learn something new, the card games are for 2 to 8 players

Canasta, Scrabble, Phase 10, or Texas Hold'em...just depend on who I'm traveling with :D

I play online poker in order to pay the bills. A connection loss can cost me dearly so I'm unsure if I will play much when away from my home setup.  With the kids we play cribbage, backgammon, president/bum, hearts, euchre, and a bunch of other board games. They also like to play poker although I try and steer them towards the other games. Too much time spent shuffling and dealing in live poker.

Wow lots of neet idea's out there.  Our games our online/iphones (bejeweled,farmtown etc) on FB, Yatzee,uno,poker our the common board games. Dena also organizes travel bingo and the "license plate game" on the road with the kids.  The bingo cards have things like certian street sign's, different animals, a red barn etc, we even have a "prize bag" for the bingo winners, the kids really enjoy it.

We can't go anywhere without taking a few games along. Any number of board games - just about any of those mentioned above. Some which stand out are Sequence (we made our own easier to see board), Aggravation, Balderdash, Apples to Apples, Upwords and so on. We also love card games -- several of the different Rummy games as well as Pinochle, Uno, and the like. We will play "regular" dominoes, and Mexican dominoes but our favorite domino game is 42. (I think you have to be a Texan or have Texas roots to know about 42.) The best part about dominoes is they are outdoor friendly as opposed to cards and board game parts which can blow away or otherwise leave the playing area.

Other games we enjoy are horseshoes, darts, and keeping up with the plastic T-ball equipment the grandkids have.

If you want to teach us a new game we are usually up for it. Just don't ask us to play Monopoly.  :-X

Elly Dalmaijer said:
Does no one play Settlers of Catan??

Sadly, too many are usually turned off by the price tag, but the reality is settlers of Catan is a gateway game to a whole host of amazing European boardgames.  Many are a prefect fit for the RV lifestyle.  As a junkie, err owner of 256 different titles, here are some great ones to keep on hand in the rv...

2-player
Lost cities
Alhambra
Blokus
Carcassonne
Memoir '44 (if you like WWII theme)

3+
Puerto Rico
Settlers of Catan
Ticket to Ride
Thurn & Taxis
Pandemic
Zooloretto or Aquaretto
samurai

A world awaits you here:

Www.boardgamegeek.com

We often play Settlers of Catan, occasionally Carcassone.... but who would have believed that there are so many "sons and daughters" of those Settlers??!!

Elly

I play The Beatles: Rock Band. I have the guitar, drums and microphones. Not only is it a fun game to play but you get to listen to Beatles music at the same time.

can't believe no one has mentioned "500" - we also play "Social Security" and a bunch of other card games that I cannot remember the names of  ::)

I used to play sudoko on my MAC until it crashed.  Haven't found a game I can load on my updated software.  Now I start my day playing Spider Solitaire.  Maria got me going on that one and I can't stop.  At least not until I can score higher than her. 

I know this is an old post, but like myself, probably other people might check it out.  We have a card game called "Five Crowns" that is really fun.  It is like Gin Rummy with 2 decks but there are 5 suits instead of 4 and the wild card changes.  2 people can use just half of the cards, but it is a lot of fun with more people.

We also have Yahtzee, Bingo and Cribbage.  We bought a $10 magnetic dart board from Bed Bath and Beyond that rolls up.  We hang it on a board in front of our TV (made sure that the TV wouldn't be hit).

Back
Top Bottom