What games are YOU playing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cadee2c said:
I love CAH! And its definitely not a kids game
I've learned a thing or two lol, there have been a couple things I had never heard of. My kids aren't allowed to touch the box lol

Mah Jongg (in solitaire ) or groups if you can find one!!!!!!  Husband does not play.  Cribbage

Played Cards Against Humanity once and it just wasn't for me.  I have a good sense of humour but found it to be a bit off for me.

Anyone heard of a Spanish or South American name called Truco?

We played it with friends in Spain and it is hilarious.  We were taught by a guy who only spoke Spanish, luckily my friend was interpreting,

You need a special Spanish deck and there are some rules but you give your partner physical clues and you have to try to do it when no-one else is looking.  You have to use the agreed clues though.  It is hysterical!  It looks confusing but once you get the hang of it, it is a great game!

https://www.pagat.com/put/truco_ar.html

We play phase ten, 313, five crowns, mexican train dominoes, sequence, hand and foot, bean bag toss, and sometimes we put a puzzle together.

I don't spend time playing games anymore, I did that a lot in the 70s and 80s. I recently had a banjo ukulele given to me and I joined a banjo forum. The main activity there is playing games.  :)(

I prefer card games. Many have been mentioned already.
Sheepshead, Euchre, Spades, Canasta, Bridge- are the ones I prefer. 
Rummy, and its many variants are ok and I will play to kill time. Same with Cribbage.
Hard to find other players in the field, let alone at home.

DH and I just started taking Mah Jongg lessons.  The American version.  Is there anyone else who plays Mah Jongg?

D-n-R said:
Mah Jongg (in solitaire ) or groups if you can find one!!!!!!  Husband does not play.

DH and I just started taking Mah Jongg classes (American Version) today.  I looks like something we could get hooked on.  Mah Jongg seems to be making a comeback in Minnesota. There are 16 people in our class.

A relative showed me ?Cards Against Humanity?.  You can print your own game cards or buy them.  Very funny game.

A relative showed me ?Cards Against Humanity?.  You can print your own game cards or buy them.  Very funny game.

Ive found that the hilarity of the game correlates with the amount of alcohol being consumed while playing ;D

8Muddypaws said:
I think you need to have a particular type of humor for this game.  I didn't like it much.

Old school PC gamer here. Im into Call of Duty, Age of Empires 3, Command and Conquer, Trackmania...

DH and I just took a five week course to learn American Mahjonng.  We love the game and are meeting a lot of new Mahjonng friends.  It seems like Mahjonng is making a come back.  (American Mahjonng is not the computerized tile matching game on the internet.) 

Does anyone play Mexican Train Dominoes? Eric and I would like to learn and are considering buying a set. Do you think we will find other players while we're on the road?

Last edited:
A fun twist on cards against humanity is Jeff Foxworthy’s Relative Insanity. Same method of play with Jeff’s redneck humor. You literally laugh out loud every hand you play.

As for card games, Tripoly( there is a board that goes with it). Board games, Monopoly is #1 for me. I have the deluxe wooden box w/drawers, felt covered playing board, gold pieces, etc.
My Grandfather loved to play ‘Dirty Clubs’, it similar to Eucher, but no ‘partners’. More than 4 can play, and when clubs is turned up, everybody must play their hand.

Back
Top Bottom