What games are YOU playing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
garyb1st said:
I'd say it's time to shut down this thread.

Why?  There are always new people coming in to the forum and it really doesn't take up many electrons to keep it saved!

So, to the topic at hand.  My wife and I love to play Rummy Block or some call it Rummy tile.  I never learned how to play any card games as a kid growing up and still to this day, don't even know how to play poker or some of the more popular stuff.  But Rummy Block is really fun and causes you to really have to think about what you have and how you can use it before the other person.  I've had a Rummy Block set for probably 30 plus years.

xrated said:
Why?  There are always new people coming in to the forum and it really doesn't take up many electrons to keep it saved!

So, to the topic at hand.  My wife and I love to play Rummy Block or some call it Rummy tile.  I never learned how to play any card games as a kid growing up and still to this day, don't even know how to play poker or some of the more popular stuff.  But Rummy Block is really fun and causes you to really have to think about what you have and how you can use it before the other person.  I've had a Rummy Block set for probably 30 plus years.
You'd need to read Gary's previous post. I think he's worried he's gonna get beaten and publicised ?

Computer games, I play a newer version of an old shareware game called Sherlock. I also do Angry birds and word brain. I love board games and card games, backgammon, skipbo, and such. I want to learn how to really actually play dominos and mah jonng. I have a set of both of them but no one to teach me.

The online game I play is Gin at Game Colony.  The game my women's group is playing right now is Hand, Foot, and Knee which is a version of Canasta.  The group plays the game every two weeks and we have more people who want to play than open spots.

Ned said:
But there are a lot of cards in a Pinochle deck :)
We always played single deck pinochle, 3-person with a widow and 4 player (cutthroat).  Haven't played since my father died, younger folks don't seem to know (or care) how to play.

I'm glad the thread is still alive and I'm not ashamed to bump it.  ;D

We play Farkle mostly but also like Phase 10, dominos, Yahtzee, and Rummy.

Back when I was a jet mech on mid shift you had better know how to play Pinochle!

Caryl and Bob, if you are going to Ely Rally this coming week, maybe we can play some games.  (That doesn't sound right  :eek:)  UTTransplant (Pam and Kevin) will also be there but I don't know if they are game players.  Now that we have the 5th wheel and a screen house we are better equipped to host something like that.

garyb1st said:
My wife's a game player.  I'm not.  Any way you can do this over the net?  ;)
I used to play double deck pinocle and hearts on yahoo games, but don't even know if that is working anymore. It took more time than I had back then.

I love Hidden Object games, Time Management, chess and checkers.

June

I do have consoles for gaming like Wii U and PS4. Planning to get Nintendo Switch too.

terryonor said:
I do have consoles for gaming like Wii U and PS4. Planning to get Nintendo Switch too.

We bought the Wii U and it has been collecting dust ever since.  :-\. I can?t explain why. Just too many other things we?d rather do, I guess. Maybe when we no longer work 60 hr weeks and are full timing it will get used. Think I would like the Tiger Woods game.

Elly Dalmaijer said:
I am curious whether members of our Forum are "gamers. Action games? Brain games? Alone? Groups/web based? Just curious.

So my questions is: what games are you playing?

I'll start: I play Lexulous through Facebook with several people. I play Freecell. I love Sudoku and have been known to "steal" abandoned newspapers at an airport just to get my hand on the Sudoku. I've tried Mahjong but I think that there is something I'm missing because it never works out.

What are YOUR games?

Elly

I am wicked at Chicken Invaders, Burger Shop and Garden Rescue.

My family loves Monopoly and we have several versions, though I can never get anyone to play Sponge Bob Monopoly with me.  :/

Board games mostly, no Monopoly, more rpg's and such.
We have pretty unusual situation: dearest one is the gamer, while I'm not.

I'm a game-oholic! We play a lot of triominoes, labyrinth, and when I have grown ups to play with, cards against humanity is always a blast (but should NOT be played around children)

Back
Top Bottom