I hope someone I know gets this RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

About three months ago Renae suggested that we get a big diesel pusher and sell the house and just travel and live on the beach.

We got the DP, the house will be listed soon, and I have to give away or sell lots of things.

I have already given away several things but I still have a way to go to get rid of all the things.

This post is the first of a few posts to find a home for some items.

Last December. (about 11 months ago, my Class C RV burned up in a fire at Quartzsite on a Friday.

Sunday night I found an almost exact replacement, (a year newer), at a dealer in Phoenix and have spent most of the last several months buying and installing upgrades to it.

The reason I am posting about it on this section of the RVforum is that I do not care about recovering the approximately $20K that I have spent on it since I bought it 11 months ago. I would rather sell it to someone I know instead of spending the time to sell it for what It is worth and dealing with tire kickers.

I spent just over $60K for it at the dealer and spent over $10K on upgrades and I still have a few thousand dollars of equipment still in the boxes that is not installed yet.

I financed it with USAA and the balance is around 49K. I will sell it for the payoff as we have no use for it.

It was a one owner, purchased by a Physician in Phoenix. He had it serviced at the dealer and I have all the maintenance records. It had 25,000 miles on it when I bought it in December.

I have made two trips. One to Quartzsite in January and one to Minnesota where we spent the summer with grandkids. It now has about 31,000 miles on it.

The upgrades include a full chassis upgrade of Bilsteen shocks, Hellwig front and rear heavy duty antisway bars, a steering stabilizer, and Caster adjustment shims. It now drives more like a pickup that a delivery truck and tracks straight with little steering input and the big trucks passing do not have nearly as much effect.

On my way to Quartzsite just after buying it I stopped in Parker and found a set of recliners to replace the jack knife sofa.

I installed a 300 AH Lithium battery for the chassis batteries and installed a Lithium charger section in the convertor.

One of the first projects was to install a Fridge Defend system for the Refer to prevent another fire like the fire in Q.

I installed a larger AC with a soft start installed.

I added a GPS, and a TPMS system.

I replaced the door lock with one that uses a key, key fob or combination.

I replaced the factory mattress with a much better one.

I added a fourth TV to be used as a computer monitor.

There are some other upgrades that I cannot even remember right now.

I recreated the very comprehensive Solar powered AC power system that I had on the previous system with an even larger battery bank.

On the way back from Minnesota while driving from Kingman to my home I discovered that the system was actually to large and was in fact unsafe.

At 120 degrees with the Air conditioner, refer, lithium front charge and some other loads the invertor pulled so much current from the 1,200 AH battery bank that it caused the class T fuse to catch fire

Thankfully the fire went out by itself in the rear compartment and I discovered it when I got home.

After this incident, I completely removed the entire solar system leaving only the lay in mounts and the wiring in place in case someone wants a sensible and much smaller and safe system.

I do not want anyone to risk having this potential for a fire.

The $15,000 that I spent on this system is not counted in the money that I spent on this RV.

I still have a couple of thousand dollars of equipment still in boxes for projects that I did not get to including.

A DC to DC lithium rated charger that also has a solar charger input.

A progressive dynamics EMS with a remote display

A kit for installing the shore power cord to the exterior.

Macerator kit.

Several other items.

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 20240606_183005.jpg
    20240606_183005.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20241025_123502.jpg
    20241025_123502.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20241025_124015.jpg
    20241025_124015.jpg