Near Sacramento, CA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonTom

But this is a RWD, not great for snow and will also have a less power than mine, without the front motor. But still looks like a good deal to me. This one will have a range of around 300 miles on a full charge:
1714448881261.png

You can find similar deals nationwide. Hertz is liquidating 20,000 Teslas as they exit the electric car market.
Yep, I kinda knew both. But the prices are dropping so fast, it is difficult to keep up with.

Hertz is probably the main reason for the big drop in prices for used Teslas, which is also bad for new car sales.

It used to take about a half year to order a new Tesla around six years ago. And almost impossible to find used. Now we're flooded with the used ones.

-Don Auburn, CA

New ones can be leased for $299/month. I'm generally not a proponent of leasing except recently when it comes to EV's. The changes in tech and market conditions make resale somewhat of a crapshoot, and manufacturers seem to be over-estimating the residuals on EV's which makes for a cheap lease.

Depending on how much you drive, you could save the entire cost of the lease per month in gas alone. I believe Tesla has some free charging built into the purchase of a new vehicle, leases included. At least it was with our BMW, making a lease that much more attractive.

If you want to pay cash for one, I can't find much wrong with buying a nearly new Model 3 with <30k miles on it. They've proven they'll go much longer than the 8 year/125k mile battery warranty. I'm not aware of any ICV manufacturer who warranties anything to 125k?

. I believe Tesla has some free charging built into the purchase of a new vehicle, leases included.
Yeah, when I purchased my Tesla in year 2018, I got six months of free Tesla Supercharging with the deal. I never needed it. I used it once for about ten minutes (in Truckee, CA) just to see how it worked.

I normally only charge my electric motorcycles on the road, which often doesn't cost me anything on my Zero motorcycles and takes half the time per mile than a car to charge up on a level two charge. Cars usually get around 3.5 miles per KWH, motorcycles better than 7 miles per KWH and often charge up at the same rate, around 6.6 KW from most level two chargers on the road. They also get around half the range and half less than half the KWH capacity of my cars so now we're at least five times as fast to charge up for a full charge on level two than it takes for a car.

I rarely take a car on a long overnight trip where I will need a charge on the road. I have done that two times since year 2018 in my Tesla. It's 300-mile plus range is more than enough for my normal driving. I charge it up less than one time per week as it is. I drove my Tesla here from Reno and used the car for several short trips while here and still have not charged it since it was in Reno last week.

I normally ride an electric motorcycle here and back to Reno this time of year, but I had too much stuff to take here this time.

-Don- Auburn, CA

resale somewhat of a crapshoot,
Meaningless to me. I couldn't care less if the value drops to two cents the same minute I drive it away after buying, regardless of what I paid. I have always kept vehicles until they are ready to be towed away as junk. By the time I don't want it, nobody else will either.

The only worse investment I can think of is buying a new RV, which I also did. Don't care what it is worth either.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom