Pahrump Mini Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackiemac

Site Team
Steve and I were lucky enough to be able to spend some time today with @Lou Schneider

We had a delicious lunch, visited the winery for some wine tasting and had a nice drive around town seeing the sights. It's so much bigger than we'd realised and has lots of restaurants and shops. It's also close to several tourist spots.

Thanks again for lunch Lou, we really enjoyed our day!

Attachments

• 20221022_153523.jpg
    20221022_153523.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 24
Do you know which winery you to in Pahrump? Reason I ask cus I can practically see one of them.

It was great seeing you and Steve, Jackie! I had a great time, the only disappointment was the weather. Pahrump has just come off of three weeks of close to perfect calm, today we had 25-40 MPH winds that blew up massive amounts of dust that had accumulated during the calm. The dust obscured the view of the mountains and at times made it seem like we were driving in a light fog.

The top rated Symphony restaurant at the Pahrump Valley Winery was booked when I checked yesterday so we had lunch at the Grill Room at Mountain Shadows instead. Then we went to the Winery and were able to sample several of the wines they create there. We lucked out as we were getting ready to leave and were able to take a quick tour of the winery itself. There's a small vineyard on site, but most of their grapes come from acreage they own in the agricultural area of the Armagosa Valley that has water from the Armagosa River. The river flows mostly underground surfacing in only a few places like Ashland Meadows, China Ranch Date Farm near Tecopa Springs then finally emptying into Badwater Basin in Death Valley.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom