Quartzsite 2025 non-organized rally 18-26 January 2025

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
During the week of the rally, cellular data service is generally awful due to the sheer number of people who are there. You can get decent service overnight until maybe 8:00 am. After that it is spotty for data, but ok for voice. Each year it is marginally better than the last though. Note we have a Starlink which we would be glad to share some, but you have to be close to the router.
As I expected. Thanks. Guess I'll be parking 2 feet next to you and your router. LOL

Mike and Wendy and Ralph will probably be there. Our plans are always made in Jello.

Just a thought, as this is a non-organised event, not run by Pam & Kevin, does that mean name tags are not required at happy hour 😂😂

For the benefit of folks who haven't been to QZ or attended the RV Forum QZ rally, here's a brief article in our Resources. I'm reminded that I need to update the linked location of/directions to the rally site. Feel free to offer additional info for inclusion and I'll update the article.

Reactions: SMR
Thanks Tom. Good descriptions of what to do for the boondocking experience there. I will note that there is water and a dump station available 4-5 miles from where we will be parked. If something happens and you run out of water or tank space, it can be remedied. But the lines can get really long, so it is best to be cautious and conservative. Oh, and there is wood available for purchase in town. We will have a campfire each night it isn’t too windy. If everybody brings one box, we can enjoy the company around the fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMR
For the benefit of folks who haven't been to QZ or attended the RV Forum QZ rally, here's a brief article in our Resources. I'm reminded that I need to update the linked location of/directions to the rally site. Feel free to offer additional info for inclusion and I'll update the article.
Thanks. That article is incredibly helpful. Answered most of my questions.

Thanks Tom. Good descriptions of what to do for the boondocking experience there. I will note that there is water and a dump station available 4-5 miles from where we will be parked. If something happens and you run out of water or tank space, it can be remedied. But the lines can get really long, so it is best to be cautious and conservative. Oh, and there is wood available for purchase in town. We will have a campfire each night it isn’t too windy. If everybody brings one box, we can enjoy the company around the fire.
Thanks Pam. I just re-read your great message at the top of this thread. When you post the rally location, I'll update the article.
I don't recall the detail of prior messages. Are the water & dump station the "new" ones (i.e. not across the highway)? Are they located virtually adjacent to the old rally site?

Here's a screen grab from a YouTube drone video taken after yesterday's rainfalls. It's looking northeast across Old Yuma Rd. showing the new sewage ponds partially filled by the rainwater runoff. If I'm interpreting it correctly it shows our traditional rally site adjacent to the ponds.

Quartzsite RV Forum Rally Site.jpg

FYI: drone video at above site.

To the right of old rally site are Black tank and fresh water stations (Note 2 U shapes off road above ponds). Last year rally site was below ponds and not shown.

Jennifer

Here's another shot of our old rally site in comparison to the new sewage ponds from that same video. Looking east with Old Yuma Rd. going L-R in the foreground. The main road intersecting Old Yuma Rd is from the entry station off in the distance.

Pam/Kevin - do you think the old site would be usable if the new dump stations aren't yet in operation? Shouldn't be anything in the new holding ponds, right? The water in the ponds is from the big storm shown in the video.

Old RVF Rally Site.jpg

Last edited:
Lou’s drone photo is correct in identifying the old site in relation to the new sewage lagoons. While it is a nice spot, it will eventually not be nice at all when the ponds become operational. Even before that it will be a breeding ground for mosquitos. We thought about it last year, but decided we might as well bite the bullet and find a new location.

The new site is farther south. You get to it via Old Yuma Road, turning just past the new well tank. The new dump station is not open because the new well didn’t produce enough water. There is a big contract dispute between BLM and the contractor. Hard to tell when it will be open, but there is even a discussion about how much it would cost to pipe water from the old well to the new dump station if the situation with the new well never works out. However the old dump station is still there across Hwy 95 in La Posa South. It is maybe 5 miles by road, much less if we could fly, but that is remarkably hard to do in my Class A!

Joe/Doreen, the increase is PROPOSED to be effective in the2025/2026 season. Please comment on the proposal by following the process in the document you linked. My main comment is that there needs to be an LTVA permit for less than 30 days.

Got a letter today about fee increase for the LTVA $600.00 for long term Sept 15 - April 15
www.blm.gov/programs/recreation/permits-and-fees/business-plans
Joe/Doreen, the increase is PROPOSED to be effective in the2025/2026 season. Please comment on the proposal by following the process in the document you linked. My main comment is that there needs to be an LTVA permit for less than 30 days.

Additional information to BLM proposed price increase. OP is Pam (UTTransplant):

Jennifer

Back
Top Bottom