Where Are You Spending Labor Day Weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackiemac

Site Team
We are camping near Seedskadee Wildlife Refuge at Slate Creek Campground next to the Green River. It's a nice spot.

I hate weekends! I ain't going anywhere over a long weekend when everything everywhere is busy.

Except for a motorcycle ride back to Reno in a day or two.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Rod,
I wish your wife well. I had multi-bypasses done in March. It took me a month to learn to cough. There still is a lot that I can't or should not do.
MATT_C

Rene & Rod - hopefully your much better halves will be back on their feet soon. Sending hugs.

Rene & Rod - hopefully your much better halves will be back on their feet soon. Sending hugs.
Thank you Jackie.
She had a total knee replacement and spent 6 days in the hospital, for some people it’s a breeze of a surgery and for some people it’s the most painful surgery there is.
They transferred her to this rehab facility Tuesday afternoon. At that time, her range of motion was less than 25 and very painful. After 4 days, It is now 80 degrees and still painful at that degree.They have her on a CPM (continuous Passive Motion) machine 3 times a day for 2 hours each time. She has to get to 90 degrees before they will release her. Then she’ll have in home therapy for a while. Their goal was to try and release her by the end of this week or the beginning of next week. She is up walking by herself with a walker. She walks no far but it’s better than nothing

Thank you Jackie.
She had a total knee replacement and spent 6 days in the hospital, for some people it’s a breeze of a surgery and for some people it’s the most painful surgery there is.
They transferred her to this rehab facility Tuesday afternoon. At that time, her range of motion was less than 25 and very painful. After 4 days, It is now 80 degrees and still painful at that degree.They have her on a CPM (continuous Passive Motion) machine 3 times a day for 2 hours each time. She has to get to 90 degrees before they will release her. Then she’ll have in home therapy for a while. Their goal was to try and release her by the end of this week or the beginning of next week. She is up walking by herself with a walker. She walks no far but it’s better than nothing
That sounds pretty positive Rene. 25 to 80 in a few days. From the other post it seems very much a case of "no pain no gain". Don't envy her...

Rod,
I wish your wife well. I had multi-bypasses done in March. It took me a month to learn to cough. There still is a lot that I can't or should not do.
MATT_C
Thank you Matt. She had an aortic aneurysm so had her aorta repaired and a new valve. Her surgery was at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. Fantastic hospital. I hope your recuperation continues to go well.

Thank you Matt. She had an aortic aneurysm so had her aorta repaired and a new valve. Her surgery was at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. Fantastic hospital. I hope your recuperation continues to go well.
That's a very risky surgery. Glad it worked out. You must have been very worried!

We are camping near Seedskadee Wildlife Refuge at Slate Creek Campground next to the Green River. It's a nice spot.
I will have to add that to the memory bank.

North of you is Green River Lakes Campground, its fairly remote and is paved road to a point and then 18 miles of gravel. I really want to get there someday, Grand Adventure went there in 2019 and its very quiet and off the beaten track.

I may take the trailer out next week, not sure where. Either Mt Pisgah on the Blue Ridge Parkway, or a little closer, Black Rock Mountain SP in GA, the highest elevation park in the state.

Charles

I just spent 4 nights at Townsite Campground in Waterton Lakes National Park in Alberta, CA. Waterton Lakes Ntl Park is the Canadian northern end of the U.S. Glacier National Park. It is absolutely gorgeous here with huge mountains and a lake surrounding the little village. The campground has very large, full hookup campsites right next to the village. Took a boat tour along Waterton Lake to the U.S. Ranger station at the southern end. Highly recommend this place!!! Tomorrow, I head to Head-Smashed-In buffalo jump at Fort MacLeod and then on to Drumheller, Banff, and Lake Louise. Are you jealous yet? Check out photos I just posted on blog. (Will be in Washington and Oregon in October and part of Nov.)

Last edited:
Spending the weekend in Lake George, NY. Got here Thursday so we took the trolley into town for lunch on Friday when there weren't too many people yet. Later, went to a BBQ dinner followed by a rodeo down the road in Lake Luzerne - very entertaining! Yesterday we rode our bikes about a mile to a mini golf course. Today it's lunch down in Glens Falls. Overall, a nice, relaxing weekend!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old Mac
Back
Top Bottom