Who's interested in a possible fall rally in the UP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MN Blue Skies

Site Team
My DH, Eric and I are interested in a fall trip to the UP. Is anyone interested in joining us?

Matt C agreed to be on my planning committee. I know several Forum Members have traveled to the UP and would have great advice.

We're haven't returned from our 3 month adventure to the SW but we're ready to start planning our next two adventures.

The UP is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Tony.

Which part of the fall, Max? While the UP is a beautiful area, it tends to be chilly even in the heart of summer, and we'd not be interested in icy conditions, but a UP rally is very attractive, perhaps August?

Look into the Union River Big Bear RV park just outside of the state park in the Ontonagon peninsula.. We enjoyed a week there last fall,, from there you can go on up to the point of the peninsula at Eagle harbor and Copper harbor.. We had no bugs or any other problems..>>>Dan ( Many many lighthouses and history to see.)

Last edited:
Beautiful area, we were through there 3 years ago, spending a week looking around; crossed to Canada at Sault St. Marie on our way home from the West.

Reactions: Dta
The UP is on my list for my first long trip since retiring. Will be watching with interest as he arrangements are being made. Can't commit yet as I have no idea what the year has in store for me.

We have friends who moved to UP 25 years ago. We've seen them a couple of times when they visited one of their relatives in our community, and keep inviting us to visit them. Regrettably, I doubt that would happen this summer.

For those of us less informed, where is UP?
(no smart answers, I know it's opposite of down🙄)
LOL Tony. UP is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Upper Peninsula is a forested region in Michigan bordering 3 of the Great Lakes ( and extending outward from Wisconsin. It’s connected to Michigan’s Lower Peninsula by the roughly 5-miles-long Mackinac Bridge, which spans the Straits of Mackinac. Sandwiched between the 2 peninsulas is Mackinac Island, a car-free vacation destination with the iconic 1887 Grand Hotel and the Victorian-era Fort Mackinac. ― Google
The UP is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Tony.

Which part of the fall, Max? While the UP is a beautiful area, it tends to be chilly even in the heart of summer, and we'd not be interested in icy conditions, but a UP rally is very attractive, perhaps August?
Larry, Eric and I can do August.

Look into the Union River Big Bear RV park just outside of the state park in the Ontonagon peninsula.. We enjoyed a week there last fall,, from there you can go on up to the point of the peninsula at Eagle harbor and Copper harbor.. We had no bugs or any other problems..>>>Dan ( Many many lighthouses and history to see.)
Dan, thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it.

Their website makes it pretty clear, campers only. No family reunions, receptions, and such. They didn’t specify rallies, but it reads like that wouldn’t be an option for us.
Lets just say for an example 10 or 12 campers from around the country and the world shows up to a campground, pitch "tents" and then begin to chew the fat with each other. Then all of a sudden some chairs end up behind some tent with fold up tables in tow in one hand and a pot luck dish in the other. You can call it a disorganized flash mob. Problem solved:p(y)

Lets just say for an example 10 or 12 campers from around the country and the world shows up to a campground, pitch "tents" and then begin to chew the fat with each other. Then all of a sudden some chairs end up behind some tent with fold up tables in tow in one hand and a pot luck dish in the other. You can call it a disorganized flash mob. Problem solved:p(y)
Jay, no problem. I'll simply contact the CG and check out its policies.

BTW Jay are you interested in a UP rally or have some constructive input for those who are interested?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom