Good video on Tesla truck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And people with lower income can't afford them. So who is getting these tax credits? I'm really asking here, I know nothing about EV's or tax credits.

Affordability is relative, and needs to be considered individually. But with new EV's on the market for $28k or less when the cheapest new vehicle on the market has a MSRP at just under $20k seems like EV's are reaching price levels attainable to new car shoppers. Used EV's can be found even cheaper and can still qualify for credits.

General eligibility and income thresholds are listed in the article below.

It should be noted that as of this year, half the credit is dependent on the EV having domestic and North American critical materials content, as well as must be manufactured here in the US or with partners with which we have free trade agreements. Specifics are in the article. But it's worth calling out that the tax credits are very pro-consumer, and the credits are designed to incentivize sourcing and assembling EV's within the US. It's very pro-American, something that the current administration isn't given enough credit for.

Last edited:
So who is getting these tax credits?
Those on the borderline of being able to afford them. They have helped the sales of EVs a lot in the last few years. I got almost 10K$ off my Tesla between the IRS tax breaks and State of CA rebates. I then barely qualified by a few bucks. Now my income is too high, but that has not stopped me from buying many EVs since then. I now own 7 EVs, when my five electric motorcycles are included.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Tesla (all EV) dominates the top 4 spots of the cars assembled in the US with the highest US parts content.

I don't see a single Ram, Ford, Chevrolet, or even Toyota on that list.
Nissan...

More Tesla news, It seems that Tesla gets the trophy for winning first place for wrecks .

As a side note, BMW drivers are a bunch of drunks, winning the award for the most drivers driving under the influence.

Another finding from the study is that BMW drivers have the highest DUI rate: 3.13 DUIs per 1,000 drivers.

More Tesla news, It seems that Tesla gets the trophy for winning first place for wrecks
With all the accident prevention stuff in my Tesla M3, I have to wonder how that is even possible.

It normally will not let me get into an accident even if I try to, such as trying to steer into another car in the next lane, etc.

It will make a loud beep and steer me back into my own lane.

It will also brake for me and stuff like that, if I am too late to hit the brakes.

But please, don't ask me how I know either of these things.;)

-Don- Auburn, CA

Last edited:
Aim for a fire truck or a pedestrian while texting on your phone.
I have never sent a text message from a cell phone in my entire life, so I wouldn't know about that.

BTW, if it were up to me, I would make the penalty for texting while driving at least double that of drunk driving.

"If you love Jesus, honk! But if you wish to meet him, text!"

-Don- Auburn, CA

With all the accident prevention stuff in my Tesla M3, I have to wonder how that is even possible.

It normally will not let me get into an accident even if I try to, such as trying to steer into another car in the next lane, etc.

It will make a loud beep and steer me back into my own lane.

I will also brake for me and stuff like that, if I am too late to hit the brakes.

But please, don't ask me how I know either of these things.;)

-Don- Auburn, CA
The stats are from lending tree. If you have a hard time getting insurance because of previous accidents you can still get insurance from lending tree. By their nature they get high accident drivers. It has already been debunked online.

. It has already been debunked online.
OIC. It sure sounded like BS to me, but you mean we cannot believe everything we read from the web? ;)

I would think Tesla would be one of the safest cars on the road. This kinda reminds me of the countless EV fires we used to hear about.

But when we compare:

1703227875025.png

-Don- Auburn, CA

The stats are from lending tree. If you have a hard time getting insurance because of previous accidents you can still get insurance from lending tree. By their nature they get high accident drivers. It has already been debunked online.
Its strange that any insurance underwriter would put out a summary that puts a dark light on their clients. That's pretty far fetched, IMMO to the normal objective reader.

What you are actually saying is Tesla owners, which you are saying are in the category of high insurance risk drivers, previously have had more accidents and claims? Now that's some spin, unflattering too, to say the least.

As a rule in the states the people in the high risk category for insurance underwriters are mostly bad credit, bankruptcy , ahead of some previous insurance scamming and their history of accidents.

Its strange that any insurance underwriter would put out a summary that puts a dark light on their clients. That's pretty far fetched, IMMO to the normal objective reader.

What you are actually saying is Tesla owners, which you are saying are in the category of high insurance risk drivers, previously have had more accidents and claims? Now that's some spin, unflattering too, to say the least.

As a rule in the states the people in the high risk category for insurance underwriters are mostly bad credit, bankruptcy , ahead of some previous insurance scamming and their history of accidents.
Yep. I have definitely seen my share of bad tesla drivers. And lots that can’t read a manual. 😂

Don't think this is in production yet but this or something similar could well be the answer to whether or not an electric tow vehicle will be able to pull a travel trailer. And unless I misunderstood, it actually can help propel the tow vehicle. It has the ability to self-park once at your site but not sure how much power is used while in self-propel mode. Pebble Flow | All-electric Hassle-free RV

OIC. It sure sounded like BS to me, but you mean we cannot believe everything we read from the web? ;)

I would think Tesla would be one of the safest cars on the road. This kinda reminds me of the countless EV fires we used to hear about.

But when we compare:

View attachment 169911

-Don- Auburn, CA
In that example, you can ignore the total fires. It's the percentage of car types on the road that matter. Only .0025% of EV's sold cause a fire, while gas vehicles account for 1.5% in their group, and hybrids burn down 3.5% of the time. Not sure why the hybrids go up in flames so much more often.

And lots that can’t read a manual.
Or don't, which usually includes me. I only look at the manual when I am looking for something I think I need to know.

But I wonder how much stuff I would learn about either of my EVs if I did read the info.

As you know, the manuals are right on the screen in EVs, so they are impossible to lose these days.

BTW, I just ran across this, about the EVs to stay away from. I strongly disagree with what it says about the Bolt. IMO, it's a very well-designed EV, better than my Tesla in many ways.

It says about the Bolt:

"It feels cheap even for the lower price point, and there's been so many safety recalls that it's beginning to scare away potential buyers,"

Only two recalls. The battery deal that they are paying me $1,400.00 to get done and the seat belt recall. Many of my other vehicles had more recalls and that includes my Tesla M3. And the Bolt doesn't feel cheap to me at all. I enjoy the Bolt the most for most of my drives. Even more so than my Tesla M3. I especially like the way I can control the regen as I am driving via a regen control on the steering wheel. Makes it a very fun car to drive. I rarely touch the brake pedal, but if I do, it increases regen progressively before the brakes are engaged and I can read the KW going back to the battery right on the screen. I doubt if there would be any noticeable difference in normal driving if the brakes were removed from my Bolt.

There are other things I like better on the Bolt than my Tesla, such as the way the FOB works. And the way the blind spot indicator is in the mirrors. And how the backup camera automatically switches to the front cameras for about 15 seconds after changing from reverse to forward. And a lot more, but I would be here all day typing this message. A very well-designed car, IMO, even if one of the cheaper EVs.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Last edited:
Or don't, which usually includes me. I only look at the manual when I am looking for something I think I need to know.

But I wonder how much stuff I would learn about either of my EVs if I did read the info.

As you know, the manuals are right on the screen in EVs, so they are impossible to lose these days.

BTW, I just ran across this, about the EVs to stay away from. I strongly disagree with what it says about the Bolt. IMO, it's a very well-designed EV, better than my Tesla in many ways.

It says about the Bolt:

"It feels cheap even for the lower price point, and there's been so many safety recalls that it's beginning to scare away potential buyers,"

Only two recalls. The battery deal that they are paying me $1,400.00 to get done and the seat belt recall. Many of my other vehicles had more recalls and that includes my Tesla M3. And the Bolt doesn't feel cheap to me at all. I enjoy the Bolt the most for most of my drives. Even more so than my Tesla M3. I especially like the way I can control the regen as I am driving via a regen control on the steering wheel. Makes it a very fun car to drive. I rarely touch the brake pedal, but if I do, it increases regen progressively before the brakes are engaged and I can read the KW going back to the battery right on the screen. I doubt if there would be any noticeable difference in normal driving if the brakes were removed from my Bolt.

There are other things I like better on the Bolt than my Tesla, such as the way the FOB works. And the way the blind spot indicator is in the mirrors. And how the backup camera automatically switches to the front cameras for about 15 seconds after changing from reverse to forward. And a lot more, but I would be here all day typing this message. A very well-designed car, IMO, even if one of the cheaper EVs.

-Don- Auburn, CA
The bolt is an awesome little car. If we had decided to remain a two vehicle family good chance the second car would have been a bolt. Sad to see it go. Its replacement will be expensive. I think GM is going to get out of the less expensive EV market.

Teslas have reach affordable status in the used market as have so many BMW’s. Price per pound is amazing, given the performance of those cars.

$20k can buy you a used 400-hp++ luxury or sport sedan on a used car lot.

Lots of yee-yee test pilots, the kind who carry state minimum insurance, are racing these things around. I’m not surprised at the accident statistics.

According to the boys on TMC who fly drones over the delivery loading area of the factory they typically see 11 to 40 new cyber trucks a day waiting loading. Some days zero.

There is one seen regularly up at the ski hill here in Vernon BC, but he has California plates so he is obviously a visiting tourist from Cali.

Back
Top Bottom