What are your favorite Netflix movies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elly Dalmaijer

We will soon join "the Netflix Family". The choice appears to be dizzying. Since I can't even decide which of our few TV channels to watch I foresee a major problem!

Framily, please help!

What are some of your favorite movies or shows? Why? What are they about?

Elly

Many of ours are BBC mysteries.  I might do a search that way if you think you would like them.  But as you say, there are 40,000 programs available so you should be OK for many nights.  We also watch  lots of nature shows or documentaries.  The search engine does a good job of connecting you with things you would like and then add them to your list for future watching.  Quite a bargain for $7.99 per month.  We use streaming devices at home but on the road, it is our laptop or iPad.  Usually the iPad as the picture is so good.

almost any movie and popular tv series put out up til the last 3 to 6 months is available, even a more recently released movie occasionally.

Could someone help quantify the bandwidth usage when downloading/watching movies? We have cable at home, which is not an issue, but have "mobile" plans with two carriers while on the road. Last trip, we watched only one movie (not Netflix) and went over the allocation  ???

TIA.

A 1 hour HD movie will use about 1-2GB of data.  We watched 2 50 minute HD shows last night and the usage was ~2.6GB.

Thanks Ned. That's about what I figured.

Not something you want to do over cellular unless you have an unlimited data plan.

we watch a fair lot of TV shows on netflix, since we are cord cutters.  no CATV at home, just an antenna.
A couple years ago when it was off season and nothing coming in over antenna for our Tivo to record.... we started a british series called MI5.  I think it was called Spooks over there, but on netflix it was MI5.  We watched every episode & we really got hooked on UK TV for a while after that

When we set up our Netflix account, we had to select what quality of feed we wanted.  Like 1080 or 720, etc.  The lower resolutions would take less bandwidth, I assume.  That may be a partial solution for when a person is off cable.

If there aren't any objections, I would like to steer the conversation back to Elly's original questions.

What are some of your favorite movies or shows?  Why?  What are they about? 

I seldom watch anything on TV or Netflix because I have trouble finding anything worth watching so I love to check out other people's specific suggestions.  (Specific movies, shows, documentaries vs general genre.) 

blw2 suggested a British series called MI5 which we will definitely check out.

Jim, are your referring the Ken Burns the American director and producer of documentary films?  If so which of his films is your favorite?

We liked the "House of Cards" starring Kevin Spacey its a series on political doings in DC. Gerry

Midsomer Murders
Longmire series
McLeod's Daughters
Probably about 100 nature shows we've seen
Chuck
Murder She Wrote
Grand Hotel
Murdock's Mysteries
Last Tango in Halifax
Doc Martin and Poirot
Miss Marple and Keepnig up Appearances

Too much to remember!

Orange is the new black
Copper
Longmire
Doc Martin
Breaking bad
End of watch
The IT crowd
Shameless

Thanks for some great suggestions!

Eric and I watched Part 1 of the 6 episode series titled "THE NATIONAL PARKS: America's Best Idea" a film by Ken Burns.  I wanted to get the TT on the road right then and head west but we will have to wait until Eric retires sometime next year.

Back
Top Bottom