What are your favorite Netflix movies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife and I get a kick out of watching the Bollywood movies.  It's cheaper than a trip to India and I like watching the girls dance.  Not sure what my wife gets out of it.  The guys are all named Raj and the girls are Asha, or Pooja if they are not the star.  They crack us up.

Just the other day, I watched he Good, the Bad and the Ugly on Netflix.  I like going back in time and re-watching movies I saw years earlier.  When camping, we go grab a RedBox movie.  You can reserve them online (or just pick what is in the machine) and return them to ANY RedBox, in case you forget and drive home with it.

I love the Midsomer Murders
Heard good things about Lost Girl, but I haven't seen any of them.
Firefly and Dr Who are good too.
The new Cosmos, with Neil deGrasse Tyson.
They also have Fargo again. I love that movie and yes, a lot of people do talk like that here. :)

Caryl

It's been awhile since I posted to this topic but DH and I recently discovered the Supernatural Group.  It's odd how we discovered the series.  I work part-time for a Canadian company and one of the their ten best selling products is for the Supernatural Group.  Being a good employee I told DH we needed to learn more about the series so we started watching it on Netflix.  The series is about two brothers who chase down urban legends involving ghosts and demons.  We can't believe it was on the air for ten years before we discovered it.  I guess we don't watch enough TV. 

Anything documentary, historical, or BBC.  Nice thing about Netflix, once you watch some stuff you like, they'll suggest similar stuff so you aren't always starting from scratch.

Updating our viewing preferences...

We like Lie to Me but since it is a short series, we are rationing ourselves.

We highly recommend Doc Marten

We watched the first in the series of Guardian and Cedar Cove.  Not bad so we will be watching the next episodes.

Has anyone else discovered a new series they would recommend?

koski said:
Anything documentary, historical, or BBC.  Nice thing about Netflix, once you watch some stuff you like, they'll suggest similar stuff so you aren't always starting from scratch.
Amen. Now that I have settled down I got me a hard wired all you can eat connection and I am feasting on 4k movies. The realism is amazing.

MN Blue Skies said:
If there aren't any objections, I would like to steer the conversation back to Elly's original questions.

What are some of your favorite movies or shows?  Why?  What are they about? 

Seiler, glad to hear that you have settled down.  Do you have any favorite movies or shows that you would like to recommend?

We've watched the entire Longmire series and are now in season 2 of the Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries.  Crossing Lines, 2 seasons, was also pretty good.  Murdoch Mysteries is fun too.  Of course, the 11 seasons of Poirot on Netflix is good entertainment.

MN Blue Skies said:
Seiler, glad to hear that you have settled down.  Do you have any favorite movies or shows that you would like to recommend?
I have dozens and dozens I love. Undercover Boss, Pawn Stars, Cajun Pawn Stars, American Restoration, Amazing Race. All "reality" shows. As for movies I love The Wizard of Oz, Butch Cassidy, Phantom of the Paradise, Bye Bye Birdie, Bullit, The Big Year, Blue Hawaii, and the concert PULSE. Funniest movie of all times is Eating Raoul with Noises Off a very close second. Oh yes can't forget Animusic.

Just finished watching the Granite Flats series on Netflix streaming.

Great series and like a good book hard to not watch three episodes each night.

lavarock1210 said:
Just finished watching the Granite Flats series on Netflix streaming.

Great series and like a good book hard to not watch three episodes each night.

What genre would you put Granite Flats in?

for those with limited bandwidth netflix still does DVD's through the mail. Lot's of stuff you can't find in red box including tv shows.

Bill

Camper Al, what SciFi movies or series would you recommend?

Im not camperAl, but I would recommend Firefly. All one season of it. :(

Also Eureka was a pretty good series. They usually have a Dr Who series, for a while I was watching the very first one :) .

I just noticed they have the original Battlestar Galactica. Thats good.

NFLX will show the ratings and recommendations which will help once you pick a category.... sci-fi, drama, comedy, romance, classics, adventures, documentaries, etc  or, pick an actor you like...  Once you rate a few yourself, NFLX will give you recommendations for others based on your reviews. 

Another option would be to activate Amazon Prime and get even more movies and TV shows included.

The number of movies and dramatic series these days can be staggering.

MN Blue Skies said:
Camper Al, what SciFi movies or series would you recommend?

Greetings,

Sorry didn't see your post till now.

Here are some of my favorite ones:

Alien, Aliens (part two)
The Time Machine older or newest are good
While I like Back to the Future movies they have a lot of bad language in them
Inception
The Thing (older)
Jurassic Park movies
Day the Earth Stood Still (old)
Forbidden Planet
Blade Runner
Terminator Movies (also lots of bad language in them)
The Twelve Monkeys (excellent)
Predator                  (also really good)
War of the Worlds
The Andromeda Strain (should have you on the edge of your seat toward the end)

Need to go into my DVD Library and look as there are others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moore1947
Back
Top Bottom