Another Chapter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right back at it, huh @HueyPilotVN ? ;) Looks like a great rig! If we were anywhere close to Lake Havasu City, we'd thought of stopping by to visit with the family. It sounds like you'll be off on some new adventures soon.

We had an interesting day yesterday.

The seller in Wisconsin told us that we had it and then they sold it out from under us.

After about 10 hours searching on the internet , Renae found the exact same model, color, and floorplan.

We just signed a contract and made the deposit on the new one.

Here is a link to the one we are getting in Texas.

The seller in Wisconsin told us that we had it and then they sold it out from under us.

After about 10 hours searching on the internet , Renae found the exact same model, color, and floorplan.

Looks fantastic! Just out of curiosity, what brand is that washer? We’re in the market.

If you are coming back on I10, our ark is only a couple miles off the 308 exit. Easy parking and it would be nice to see you.

Here is an update on what is happening:

The contract and deposit happened a few days ago.

The seller is taking one last trip up to Illinois for two weeks returning home on the 12th, (2 weeks and 2 days from now).

I have a reservation on a plane to Dallas on the 11th in the evening and will spend the night at a hotel near the airport.

The next morning, (Monday), the agent for the seller will pick me up and we will drive about 100 miles north to Denison, Texas.

The seller should be home sometime on the 12th. I plan on being there for about 3 days. The first day I hope to do a complete inspection and full systems check to verify condition.

At that point I will release the funds for the coach. It will take a day or two for the funds to clear to the seller and then I will head north on I35 back to Minneapolis.

My plan is to park my current unit and the new one in side by side RV sites here at River Terrace Park to transfer everything over

I have been giving a lot of thought about what to do with the current Class C.

I do not think that there are many buyers that want to pay for the kind of Solar upgrade that I have done in the seven months since I bought it.

I have added about $20,000 in modifications including new shocks, larger anti sway bars, steering stabliizer, caster adjusters, theater recliners, quality mattress, as well as $15,000 in parts for the solar system that I have posted about here on the forum.

I think that I will lower the price by the cost of the solar system and transfer the solar system and actually add more to the current system for the new Tiffin.

I am going to do it in a way that leaves the full wiring infrastructrure and mounting system intact.

All the cables, glans, lay in panel mounts and roof attachments will stay in place preventing any leaks and allowing the new owner to add any solar that they might want. The panels are mounted by screws from the sides of the lay in mounts and the penetrations of the roof will not be disturbed. See the picture below.

I will transfer the panels, batteries, Inverter, charge controllers, and monitors and purchase new lay in panel mounts, cables, combiners, glands and inline circuit breakers when installing on the Tiffin.

I purchased this rig three days after my old one burnt at Quartzsite and this trip back to be with the grandkids in MN and escape the heat is the only trip we have taken,

Attachments

• 20240104_170307 - Copy.jpg
    20240104_170307 - Copy.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 13
New Update:

We are on track for me going to Texas and picking it up in about 2 weeks.

I have been talking with my Electrical Consultant, ( Otherwise known as Lou Schneider ), and I think we have a plan,

The new coach currently has six batteries and no solar. I am going to replace the current battery bank which is probably not Lithium with the 1,500 amp hour battery bank from my current RV.

It also has a Invertor/charger with AGS, however it is smaller than my current one and I will replace it.

I will install all 1.600 watts and maybe another 800 if it fits of solar panels along with the IPN network of charge controllers.

Because it is 50 amps, which is actually two 50 amp legs, I will mostly be upgrading the existing battery bank and making it solar rechargeable. This will not be as complicated as interfacing with the 50 amp system.

Now, here are my plans about selling the current RV that I bought to replace the one that burnt up about 7 months ago.

I am not going to even list it until I transfer all the possessions and solar and clean it up to take pictures.

This is my initial thoughts about pricing. I paid just over $60,000 for it and have added $20,000 of upgrades. I will subtract the full $15,000, I spent on the Solar experiment and leave the infrastructure intact case someone wants to add solar. The other $5,000 in upgrades listed in my last post will be free and I will sell it for what I paid of about $60,000.

We will see what happens, but basically I have no use for it now.

If someone really wants the "Bubba Edison Solar Electric Power Company", I will work with them, but I really doubt anyone but a project guy like me would want to spend that much.

Maybe, I should sell it to a Solar Company. Discount Solar in Q told me that they had never sold the full IPN network system before.when I built the first one on my last RV.

Anyway, I will keep posting updates as it goes along.

Last edited:
Update:

A little change to the plan.

I am still going to pick up the Tiffin in Texas on about the 12th, However I am going to take my current Thor back to Arizona before I fly to Dallas.

I believe that it is much easier to sell a RV in Arizona as we approach fall than to sell it in Minnesota at the end of the season.

From Dallas I will bring it back the Tiffin to Lake Havasu to transfer the stuff from the Thor.

It will be available for sale in Arizona in about a month.

Back
Top Bottom