Is anybody at Quartzsite this early

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Usually, areas that get less than 10" of rain per year OR a bit more than 10" if most of the rain comes in buckets all at once.

-Don- Reno, NV (in the Great Basin Desert)
Deserts in Madagascar get up to 24" annual rainfall. Again, it's the greater annual evaporation rate that dries them out and qualifies them as desert.

A desert if a fact as much as an ocean. Both are clearly defined. And Antarctica meets the definition of "desert" as much as the Pacific Ocean meets the definition of "Ocean".

Even by dictionary definition:

Desert. n. "A barren area of land or desolate terrain, especially one with little water or vegetation; a wasteland."

-Don- Reno, NV
The definition of a desert or an ocean is all a matter of opinion they are not facts. These 'facts' are opinions of experts. Probably the same experts that downgraded Pluto from being a planet to being a dwarf planet. Huh? It is still a planet in my book just like the fact I don't think of Antarctica as a desert. You can call it whatever you like and I don't care what you call it.

The definition of a desert or an ocean is all a matter of opinion they are not facts. These 'facts' are opinions of experts. Probably the same experts that downgraded Pluto from being a planet to being a dwarf planet. Huh? It is still a planet in my book just like the fact I don't think of Antarctica as a desert. You can call it whatever you like and I don't care what you call it.
"People are entitled to their own opinions, but not to their own facts."
-Bernard Baruch

šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ So a definition used by scientists in the field, geographers, and specified in dictionaries is just ā€œa matter of opinion?ā€ LOL! I guess we are into ā€œalternative factsā€ these days. Come to think of it, I donā€™t like the definition of ā€œBird.ā€ From now on, all birds will be called ā€Flowers.ā€ After all, my opinion is as valid as the alternate ones the entire world has, isnā€™t it? šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Back
Top Bottom