Quartzsite 2023 Rally - anyone want to organise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First one there, see if our usual meeting place is available due to the construction, if not find another spot and post the appropriate directions to it.

First one there, see if our usual meeting place is available due to the construction, if not find another spot and post the appropriate directions to it.
I see on a couple of youtube videos that they have started leveling the ground, and there is other construction equipment on site, so who knows how long, if ever, before they shut the openings in the fence.

Some ground grading has been done south of our area and two "gates" are in place, but are open and several campers are spread around 541.. Presently 5 are here including my brother and I..>>>Dan ( Looking forward to seeing Lou,, Bill,, Joe,, Larry ,and PJ again.)

Last edited:
I’m new here. Is there a schedule for this event or can someone tell me what will be taking place at this gathering? TIA

The “official” rally is during the RV show, 21-29 January 2023. Some people come early, some stay late, some stay for weeks/months. During the rally we have a daily get together at 4:00, the Happy Hour Larry mentioned. There is usually somebody who coordinates daily walks, a few 4WD trips, casual get togethers to visit some of the interesting places nearby, etc. It is a rather loose arrangement, not something with lots of planned activities. Just park your rig in the designated area and you are automatically a rally attendee! If you decide to camp in town, just post it and you can see when folks are starting to show up. Bring some firewood (buy it in town), and enjoy.

Like Larry said, look at the previous year’s threads for places to visit. We like the historical mines and ghost towns in the area.
Hey all! I showed up several weeks ago for the show and currently at Quail Run RV Resort. I'll have to move to BLM on the 18th since they have no openings. I wanted to come early to check the area out since its my first time. Is the area you're all at close to Hi Jolly area? Seems I haven't located you all yet. Does anyone have a map pin drop?
Thanks all! You people are great!
Dickthemooner
Dick Snyder

See the thread from last year:

We are leaving area 541 in the morning,,the noise of large earth moving equipment is NOT the reason I came here.. Today the earthmovers were right up against the west wash with graders and water trucks and just obnoxious noise.. We have decided on the east fork at the kiosk "split" and a little farther north than 541,, many very flat areas with smaller "rocks" to deal with... See you when you arrive..>>>Dan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom