Quartzsite 2023 Rally - anyone want to organise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Present location has plenty of room,, flat,, SMALL rocks,, few people,, and me N 33.63458 W 114.22125 >>><<<Dan( The Forum "rock" has disappeared,, no sign of it )..>>>
Follow the Right-hand road at the kiosk "fork" and follow it bearing to the right when needed till you reach my coach on the left side..>:>>D

Last edited:
Present location has plenty of room,, flat,, SMALL rocks,, few people,, and me N 33.63458 W 114.22125 >>><<<Dan( The Forum "rock" has disappeared,, no sign of it )..>>>
Follow the Right-hand road at the kiosk "fork" and follow it bearing to the right when needed till you reach my coach on the left side..>:>>D
Looks good on a satellite photo, and it certainly is easy to get to. We are on our way, but held up in Amarillo by sustained winds of 30-40 mph and gusts to 60 mph. Call me conservative, but I think I am sticking here until it goes away by Thursday morning! Should be in on Sunday, after some other required stops.

Glad you got there early and scouted a new spot for the group. I was afraid there might be dust and noise at the old site. Are you far enough away for quiet?
I think someone usually takes the Forum Rock for safekeeping?

Normally we just turn the "stone" upside down to keep it from fading and have never had it bothered,, there is a piece of concrete that looks similar at the old ring,, but when turning it over shows no inscription at all... If taking the right fork and stay on the main road ( bearing right at each intersection,), you will be at the right place.. It is parallel with hwy 95 and it is quiet,, also the road is little used so no dust..>>>Dan

Laura and I are on the road, this will be our first time at Quartzsite, looking forward to meeting you all. Yeah the winds from OK City to Amarillo were crazy, 40+ MPH headwind. Big hit on our gas mileage. I heard a semi got blown over.
Currently we are at Palo Duro Canyon in Texas. No electricity and 800' below line of sight to the cell towers but with the magic of solar power and satellite internet, we are cozy and connected. See you soon!

Dan, last year we found the slab under a bush along the wash. It wasn't left in the fire ring. I can't remember who was last to leave, I think it could have been Pam and Kevin, perhaps they'll know where it is.

We weren’t the last to leave last year, but I just asked Kevin, and we can’t remember who was still there. I do seem to remember a campfire discussion about where to leave it, but can’t remember the result! It definitely would be in the wash though. Campfire rings get moved far too often to have it safe at the campfire.

Better news for us, is we will be there tomorrow! We were windbound in Texas for two nights, but we have made up the time.

It would be nice if it could be located and welcomes people to the new location. If not, then I guess we will need a new slab 🇺🇲

I have a vague memory of the RVForum rock being placed/buried under a tree to the right of the dying saguaro cactus but who knows what the last person did last year.

I think Jennifer is right it's near the dying saguaro. I'm sure someone mentioned it in a post. I'll try and find it.

We arrived at Q, and we found “The Rock!” We have moved it to the new area, and we stole rocks from the old firepit to make a new one. The new site is fine, maybe a little close to 95, but it will work for this year. Maybe when more people get here we can scout for a new site, or we may all just decide to stay here.

ETA, and folks with big rigs have to be a bit careful after the first turn past the kiosk. There is a deep wash that is pretty abrupt. The trailer hitch dragged, so I recommend hitting it at a bit of an angle.

Last edited:
We arrived at Q, and we found “The Rock!” We have moved it to the new area, and we stole rocks from the old firepit to make a new one.
Well done you two, life as we know it can continue.😃😃
Missing everyone already.

Drum roll! Where was “The Rock!” ? :D
It was upside down next to a mesquite bush. The reason why Dan couldn’t find it was the firepit we used last year was farther up the road than other years and had been dismantled. It was hard to spot both the old pit and “The Rock.” Kevin and I have a new side by side, so we went wandering off to look. Easier to see things than from a car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom