What happened to the EDIT button when you make a post?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I could not edit a post five seconds after posting--just now. The AZ gas price message shows no edit button right after being posted.

Edit: it works here now.

-Don- Tucson, AZ

Just a few minutes ago I tried to edit my post but told I didn't have permission to do so. It might have been up for five or less minutes.

Mine has been off and on today.

Edit: it's there now. Is it all fixed?

-Don- Tucson, AZ
That's something I don't understand, and you're the only one to report that. I see you currently have that permission.

OMG! I need my edit button. I'm a crap typist and spell schedule on this iPad has some very weird ideas about which word I botched.

On edit: it works for meeeeeeeee! Whoopie!

I cannot edit the message number 28 above. So it is STILL off and on for me.

I have to post this later, because it now also says:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
You have reached the maximum number of new posts allowed to be created in a 24 hour period."

Nothing is fixed for me yet, but it is hit and miss. Sometimes I can post, sometimes I cannot, sometimes I can edit, sometimes I cannot.

But at least this message will hold in the forum even if I cannot now post it. That sure is a nice feature!

I will post this message when the forum allows me to. Could take a while, could even be fixed by then. But right now the date and time is 4/21/2023 @ 2130 hrs local time and I cannot post this.

I will post this when the forum will let me. Perhaps tomorrow . . .Perhaps sooner.

Edit: I was able to post and edit this by 2241 hrs.

-Don- Tucson, AZ

Just posted twice and no edit button available. Like MuddyPaws, I rely heavily on that… rarely get it right first time. 🙃
You have the requisite permissions. Not sure why you don't see the button. I'm assuming you're only looking at your own posts within the last 24 hours (?)

OMG! I need my edit button. I'm a crap typist and spell schedule on this iPad has some very weird ideas about which word I botched.

On edit: it works for meeeeeeeee! Whoopie!
Aye Russ, I checked your permissions yesterday and all was OK.

I cannot edit the message number 28 above. So it is STILL off and on for me.

I have to post this later, because it now also says:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
You have reached the maximum number of new posts allowed to be created in a 24 hour period."

Nothing is fixed for me yet, but it is hit and miss. Sometimes I can post, sometimes I cannot, sometimes I can edit, sometimes I cannot.

But at least this message will hold in the forum even if I cannot now post it. That sure is a nice feature!

I will post this message when the forum allows me to. Could take a while, could even be fixed by then. But right now the date and time is 4/21/2023 @ 2130 hrs local time and I cannot post this.

I will post this when the forum will let me. Perhaps tomorrow . . .Perhaps sooner.

Edit: I was able to post and edit this by 2241 hrs.

-Don- Tucson, AZ
I also no longer have the edit button in my above post.

Edit: This was an old held post that I couldn't post last night, All is working right now, hopefully it stays this way.

-Don- Tucson, AZ

-Don- Tucson, AZ

I also no longer have the edit button in my above post.

Edit: This was an old held post that I couldn't post last night, All is working right now, hopefully it stays this way.

-Don- Tucson, AZ

-Don- Tucson, AZ
Hm, you have the requisite permissions, and you edited that post :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamiluu
Back
Top Bottom