What happened to the EDIT button when you make a post?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlesinGA

I just now noticed that making a post and hit submit, then I look and the EDIT selection to the lower left is now gone, impossible to go back and edit a post, even moments after you made it. Before you had 15 minutes or so of edit time before it disappeared.

Charles

I was creating a post and it ended up posting while I was writing, but no edit capability afterwards. I didn't pull the trigger.

As many of you may have noticed, there has been an influx of spam recently.

A setting was changed temporarily but should now be OK again.

Any issues please let us know.
I don't see any option for editing on my posts. Can you direct me on how to do this?

I don't see any option for editing on my posts. Can you direct me on how to do this?
There is a limited time to edit.

If you need something changed let one of the moderators know or just add another post in your thread.

There is a limited time to edit.

If you need something changed let one of the moderators know or just add another post in your thread.
I don't see an edit button. It didn't seem to allow me to edit even immediately after I posted. It also posted a reply before I was finished. Feel free to delete that unfinished one that I posted. Thanks.

I don't see an edit button. It didn't seem to allow me to edit even immediately after I posted. It also posted a reply before I was finished. Feel free to delete that unfinished one that I posted. Thanks.
In addition to a time limit (24 hours) for editing your own post, there's also a requirement that you first post a minimum number of messages before you see the edit button. Since you're over the minimum and your last post is within the 24 hours, do you now see an Edit button at the bottom of that post?

Stop the presses! I just checked the permissions system and it appears something might not be working correctly. I've bumped it upstairs.

Well, there's a bug for us older types, too. I just posted in the General forum in "Summer trip from Florida through the Midwest to California" and there's no edit button there.

In addition to a time limit (24 hours) for editing your own post, there's also a requirement that you first post a minimum number of messages before you see the edit button. Since you're over the minimum and your last post is within the 24 hours, do you now see an Edit button at the bottom of that post?
Unfortunately I only see a "Report" toggle in the bottom left of my posts. I don't see any "Edit" option. I also see that there is a maximum number of posts allowed in a 24 hour period, which I've never encountered before. I guess I will have to wait 24 hours to post this.

What are the maximum number of posts so I know for future?

Unfortunately I only see a "Report" toggle in the bottom left of my posts.
I don't see any "Edit" option.
As I said, I checked the permissions system and it appeared something might not be working correctly. Our Tech Support has been working on it. Meanwhile, you'll need to be here a few more days before the Edit button shows up. At the same time, several other permissions will be auto enabled.
What are the maximum number of posts so I know for future?
This issue will go away when you've been here a few more days.

Well, there's a bug for us older types, too. I just posted in the General forum in "Summer trip from Florida through the Midwest to California" and there's no edit button there.
Should be fixed for you Larry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom