EV sales aren't going downhill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps because they are rarely seen in Texas, so the subject doesn't come up much.

-Don- Reno, NV
Or maybe because it’s a car and no one cares. We have a lot of oil wells and we don’t talk about them either.

Or maybe because it’s a car and no one cares.
Texas has the third largest number of EVs of any state yet is 2nd most populated state. FL has more EVs than Texas. See here.

BTW, one of the many reasons I prefer EVs is because of the hills in CA and some areas near here (VA City, Mt. Rose, etc). FL and Tx are rather flat. EV is better in the hills than a stick shift by far, IMO. Especially on an electric motorcycle. It can only compare to being in first and sixth gear at the same time. So where one lives certainly can make a big difference in the number of EVs for all types of little reasons.

1705870082618.png

-Don- Reno, NV

Texas has the third largest number of EVs of any state yet is 2nd most populated state. FL has more EVs than Texas. See here.

BTW, one of the many reasons I prefer EVs is because of the hills in CA and some areas near here (VA City, Mt. Rose, etc). FL and Tx are rather flat. EV is better in the hills than a stick shift by far, IMO. Especially on an electric motorcycle. It can only compare to being in first and sixth gear at the same time. So where one lives certainly can make a big difference in the number of EVs for all types of little reasons.

View attachment 170676

-Don- Reno, NV
So the reason we don’t talk about ev’s in Texas is they’re rarely seen, but Texas has the 3rd most ev’s in the nation. Squaring the circle?

Yeah, I forgot to look at the name of who I was replying to.

Yeah, I know you're in AR.

BTW, didn't I hear you're moving to AZ?

-Don- Reno, NV
Eventually - this move has turned out to be a tad more involved than I thought it would.

So the reason we don’t talk about ev’s in Texas is they’re rarely seen, but Texas has the 3rd most ev’s in the nation. Squaring the circle?
I was saying for the population of Texas, there is less than FL, but there should be more based on the population.

-Don- Reno, NV

I was saying for the population of Texas, there is less than FL, but there should be more based on the population.

-Don- Reno, NV
I suspect that based on the valuation of the typical 3 yr. old ev as compared to a conventional car which originally sold for the same price it may point to more Texans in possession of walking around sense.

In freshman economics we learned manufacturers ordinarily lay thousands of people off when sales are increasing.

In freshman economics we learned manufacturers ordinarily lay thousands of people off when sales are increasing.
Why would that be?

But something similar did happen as the norm when I worked for the C & C of San Francisco. Countless more projects when the budget was very short and often little going on when the budget was much better.

But this was mainly because a project would get approved when the budget is great and by the time the projects actually start the budget will be poor again. Since that money was already approved and set aside, we were often the busiest when there was a poor budget. Ended up being a weird type of job security.

-Don- Auburn, CA

LOL. Tom, Pretty sure that was a tongue and cheek smart a$$ response.
I thought so too at first, but often things work out that way, such as with my job. So, I wasn't sure.

I also heard of something like that many years ago with United Air Lines. They desperately needed to hire more employees and advertised all over the place. By the time they had it all set up to hire people, they had their biggest lay off in their history. Needless to say, none were hired from a nice long list of already tested, passed and approved applicants.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamiluu
Back
Top Bottom