Mini Rally in Central Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn’t happen unless we see a picture. That’s the rule.
The picture is no good unless you're in it! That's my rule, the only rule that counts!

BTW, we ate outside, very few other people there, much room between us all.

So now you need a new excuse! And you better have one soon because I am going to stay here another week. That means we can schedule another!

SB had a cup of Boston Clam Chowder and Shrimp Feta Fondu.

I had Gator Nuggets and Cajun Chicken Pasta. SB tried one of the gator nuggets.

Food there is excellent.

Can anybody else here make it in the next week? I am paying for the lunch for everybody so all you have to do is show up.

-Don- St. Cloud, FL

You Da Man DonTom! I'm in Seattle and you're about as far away as you can possibly be and still on the mainland. I'd love to attend a RV Rondi some day. Enjoy the freedoms.

! I'm in Seattle and you're about as far away as you can possibly be and still on the mainland.
I have been up that way several times. I managed to see the Seattle area when it was not raining one of those times! That has to be rare! Looks like you will have snow there on NYD.

If you like cold rain, and a lot of it, stay there.
If you like perfect weather come here.
If you like warm rain, muggy warm Decembers, head for the Everglades.

-Don- St. Cloud, FL

Does anyone know what this fuse would go to? It is amazingly small, about a half a inch long.mystery fuse.jpg

Here is a sign from the rally. I guess it is ok to feed the tame alligators.
Don't feed aligators.jpg

An anhinga showed up at the end of the rally. He dove down and caught a fish and ate it right in front of us but the light was too limited to get a decent shot.
Anhinga.jpg

I've seen them in small electronic chargers as well. Like two way radios and such. Usually higher end stuff like aviation radios or high end walkies.

Strangely enough I have also seen them in the lowest priced stuff - integrated into the plug for Christmas string lights.

Those small fuses are usually found in low amperage, limited space applications such as circuit boards, etc. In newer equipment, they've usually been replaced by appropriate sized blade fuses.
I didn't know that and I spent three years working at a printed circuit factory.
I've seen them in small electronic chargers as well. Like two way radios and such. Usually higher end stuff like aviation radios or high end walkies.

Strangely enough I have also seen them in the lowest priced stuff - integrated into the plug for Christmas string lights.
Thanks guys, sounds logical.

I didn't know that and I spent three years working at a printed circuit factory.

Thanks guys, sounds logical.
I forgot the, "Ask me how I know" part of the Christmas string. Apparently, yes Alice, there is a limit on how many strings you can string together because eventually the fuse on the first string blows and then you spend way too long checking individual bulbs while having no clue there is a fuse in the plug - LOL...

The stupider part was that the little tiny baggie of spare bulbs even comes with a spare fuse. I must have looked at that little fuse 50 times until I groked what it was - Blush, blush, red face, red face - LOL...

I rode by Crabby's Bill's today and took pix of the outside area
where we ate. Under those umbrellas. Water, boats, live gators fish and turtles are to the right.

If we, do it again, will anybody else come this time? I am here for another week.

-Don- St. Cloud, FL

crabbys.JPG

I’ll try to come over from Bradenton (in Naples now, moving to Bradenton Saturday). Monday likely my best opportunity…. Does Monday work for you guys? (I took off work all last week and this week through next Monday. Probably wouldn’t go over well if I took any more time next week 😒. )

I have been up that way several times. I managed to see the Seattle area when it was not raining one of those times! That has to be rare! Looks like you will have snow there on NYD.

If you like cold rain, and a lot of it, stay there.
If you like perfect weather come here.
If you like warm rain, muggy warm Decembers, head for the Everglades.

-Don- St. Cloud, FL
NYD? Or..as we are dealing with now. Daytime highs are 25-31 and nighttime lows 20-27. 7 inches of iced snowy streets. Rv tanks have been drained of all water. Clean, black and grey. I do hope to get the Rv up and running by weeks end to travel south to Portland and help my Daughter and Son in law retile their kitchen. That just may not happen. More ice and snow in the forecast. Where exactly is Florida you say? :eek:

I do like rain which provides rivers with flow. The rain also keeps the riffraff at bay and off the rivers. That works for me too. I grew up here, the PNW. I'm tooled for it.

Keep suppling the warm stuff stories though. It helps

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boklm
Back
Top Bottom